Top 7 Holiday Party Appetizers For Your San Diego Home Or Office Event
It’s never too early to start planning an extraordinary holiday party. The more thought and effort you put into the experience, the more rewarding and enjoyable it will be for your guests. Whether you’re accustomed to entertaining friends and family at the house for the holiday season or you’re looking to plan an office celebration to impress and commemorate the season, making sure you’ve got the perfect menu is pivotal. For holiday parties, that starts with the hors d’oeuvres.
Here’s a list of seven splendid hors d’oeuvres that are perfect for any holiday party in your San Diego home or office.
- Chilled oysters. They’re a selection of east and west coast oysters with tarragon mignonette, house-made cocktail sauce, horseradish and lemon wedges. Oysters can be an acquired taste depending on where you’re from. But introducing them to your family or sharing them with co-workers can be a memorable experience.
- Lamb meatball skewer. Best served with dill yogurt, these meatball skewers are a play on a popular holiday crockpot favorite. The lamb meat is much leaner and healthier than most traditional meats used in the dish, and it provides a uniquely flavorful take on the dish for your holiday party guests.
- Bacon-wrapped dates. Bacon-wrapped anything is a fixture for the holidays, and either pineapple or water chestnuts are some of the most popular renditions. But the sweet and salty union of bacon-wrapped dates is a flavor revolution all on its own.
- Butternut squash and goat cheese dip. This comfort food dip is best served with garlic crostini and house-made crackers. It’s another flavor combination that exemplifies the holiday season and is sure to spark the curiosity of your team or family members.
- Shrimp agua chile. If you’re looking to spice things up a little for your holiday party appetizer menu, try this harmony of wild white shrimp, cucumber-cilantro-lime dressing, radishes, and onions. Served with organic white corn chips for dipping, it’s a crunchy and delicious holiday treat with a little kick.
- Hot smoked wild salmon. These scrumptious salmon bites are served with a dill crème fraiche on a small piece of pumpernickel toast. Pumpernickel bread is a holiday favorite, and your holiday party guests are sure to appreciate this thoughtful seafood twist on it.
- Grilled vegetable platter. Most holiday parties will feature a vegetable platter of the typical baby carrot, celery, broccoli or cherry tomato variety. But if you really want to impress your holiday party guests, try mixing it up with a totally different collection of unique veggies. Try it with grilled eggplant, squash, peppers or mushrooms. What’s more, mix up that boring veggie dip with a zesty balsamic marinade!
San Diego holiday party menus are exciting to plan because they can pull from many different traditions and can be put in concert with several different food trends. Whoever you’re looking to entertain this coming holiday season, we hope that this list of hors d’oeuvres can spark some inspiration and your guests’ holiday spirit.
Contact the holiday party catering experts at Urban Solace Catering here or via phone at 858.264.5780 for more insight on creating the perfect menu for your home or office celebration.